[nsp] Boot 3620 from tftp

Brian Turnbow b.turnbow at twt.it
Thu Jul 1 10:26:42 EDT 2004

with the 3620 or 3640 you need to have an image in the internal flash. It
needs an image to load the cards different to a 26xx that has an integrated
eth/FE

 "the router is configured to boot from a TFTP server (boot bits in the
configuration register are set from 2 to 15), the router first boots from
the image in Flash memory. It decompresses that image in DRAM, parses the
boot system commands, downloads the Cisco IOS image from the TFTP server,
and decompresses it in DRAM. After the Cisco IOS image from the TFTP server
is in DRAM, the DRAM memory occupied by the boothelper image is released."

Ciao
Brian