[nsp] Example code of how to "rate limit" a port on a 3550

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Thu Jul 1 12:04:50 EDT 2004

On Jul 1, 2004, at 10:36 AM, Skeeve Stevens wrote:

> No way to control the speed someone can send out huh?
>
> Darn... We just had someone get a worm and massacre out upstream
> network
> with 20mb of sustained traffic... What a pain!
>
> You rock Mat ;-)

Uh..  This is on the switch port.  input on the customer switch port is
their output.  You can use the config below to rate-limit how much data
enters your network at the point it enters the switch (customer switch
port).  You can also rate limit outbound but not using an access-group
class match.  You'll need to use DCSP macthing or some other method to
mark packets then build a policy-map/policer with that class-map.