[nsp] sizing a router

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Jul 7 01:15:50 EDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Matthew Crocker wrote:

> What about the 7300?   I don't see Cisco promoting it on the website.
> Is it a dead product?  Isn't that supposed to be a 7200 replacement
> router?

It's a good question where Cisco will position it. It's a good little box
if you go for the NSE-100 with PXF to do all the features quite happily.

It's a bit lacking in the interface department and it's quite a bit bigger
than the 7200 when it comes to interface density, ie you get 6 T3
interfaces in a single card, which is good in some cases, but quite
expensive in others (if you don't need all the ports).

It's decently priced though, especially compared to the Juniper offerings.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se