[[nsp] Cisco & Nortel GBIC Compatible

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Fri Jul 9 08:29:39 EDT 2004

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Matti Saarinen wrote:

>  accepted non-Cisco GBICs ever, according to my experience) in way
>  that it would not accept any other than Cisco labelled GBICs.

Does anyone have more concrete facts regarding this? There has been
rumours about this for a long time, but I have only seen key-lock to
Cisco-only optics to work on SFP and Xenpaks, never GBICs.

This always turns out as a big highlighted "NEGATIVE" on my summaries on
different vendors, and as far as I know, Cisco is the only one doing it
nowadays.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se