[nsp] ARP filtering

Carles Fragoso i Mariscal cfragoso at cesca.es
Tue Jul 13 17:44:26 EDT 2004

Hi guys,

What about using Private VLAN features plus a combination of ACL/VACLs?

It could allow you to put all the servers on the same subnet but you
could isolate them at L2 within the same VLAN:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk814/tech_protocols_list.html

The only problem could be that if communication between servers is
needed you should add static routes to force the path through the
L3 gateway.

It could be useful for ARP spoofing attacks too. ;)

-- Carlos

         __
        / /          Carles Fragoso i Mariscal
  C E / S / C A   Dept. Comunicacions i Operacions
      /_/              <cfragoso at cesca.es>

       Centre de Supercomputacio de Catalunya
        CATalunya Neutral Internet eXchange
        Tlf: +34932056464  Fax: +34932056979