[nsp] VPN Client to PIX connection problem

Tony Mucker Tony at tonymucker.com
Mon Jul 19 17:29:15 EDT 2004

My switch over from an older Nortel Contivity Switch to my PIX went
almost perfectly.

Except for one user.  He sits behind a Motorola SBG900 Surfboard
Wireless gateway.  He is able to connect to the PIX VPN (and I show him
being assigned an IP address) but when he tries to ping anything (or I
try to ping him), it fails.
I know there's an issue with the Linksys Wireless APs and the Cisco
Client (with Linksys firmware < 1.44), but I can't find anything about
the Motorola Wireless Gateway.

This guy worked fine on the Nortel IPSEC client, but now for some reason
is having problems with the Cisco version.  We've checked his firewall
settings (doesn't look like he can modify them), and they look normal.

Tony