[nsp] QoS with CBWFQ within GTS

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Tue Jul 20 13:19:48 EDT 2004

On (2004-07-20 17:00 -0000), khiz   wrote:

> i have been trying to configure CBWFQ  within GTS as follows. as per the cisco docs

You didn't spesify what you want to do, but I assume you want to sell f.ex.
subrate ethernet and still protect ie. VoIP. Try something like this:

class-map match-any LLQ
  match <criteria>

polcy-map 256k
  class class-default
    shape avarage 25600
    service-policy priority

policy-map priority
  class LLQ
    priority percent 40
  class class-default
    fair-queue
    random-detect

interface PIM
  service-policy output 256k

 First you define parent which does nothing else but shapes the speed
and calls sub/child policy for all and every packet. Then use subpolicy
normally. If you're using serial or ATM remember to adjust tx-ring
accordingly, so that you can serialize tx-ring full of bulk traffic in worst
case scenario without unacceptable delay to priority traffic.

Hope this helps,
--
  ++ytti