[nsp] QoS with CBWFQ within GTS

khiz khiznms at rediffmail.com
Tue Jul 20 13:37:36 EDT 2004

Hie
No  i have been trying to configure LLQ
i have 2 VPN service policies child1-vpn and child2-vpn which  i want to shape individually . within each of these child polcies i hv various classes that have been guaranteed bandwidth using CBWFQ ..

ThaNks

Hi Gurus,
i have been trying to configure CBWFQ  within GTS as follows. as per the cisco docs

policy-map child1-policy
class child1
bandwidth 256

policy-map child2-policy
class child2
bandwidth 256

The remaining 2 in global config mode ... empty class
class child1-vpn
class child2-vpn

policy-map parent-policy
class  child1-vpn
shape average 25600
service-policy child1-policy

class  child2-vpn
shape average 25600
service-policy child2-policy

The problem is that after i applied the parent-policy in the interface . there are no matches .. all traffic seems to fall in class-default

however individually applying the child policies child1-vpn or child2-vpn shows matches

ALso after applying any of the child policies as a service-policy within the default-class of the parent-policy shows matches