[c-nsp] IP packet out of order.

mezibra adel adel.mezibra-techlist at ip-generation.net
Fri Jul 23 15:19:46 EDT 2004

Hi,

I remember that the PA-A3 uses two segmentation and reassembly chips (2 SARs
for transmit and recept) from LSI Logic (ATMizer II).

Each SAR has four separates FIFO to maximize the performance of simultaneous
read/write operations.

I could be wrong but I guess that when Ethernet/IP packets arrive at ATM
Adaptation Layer the 38 bytes packet is processed/split into 53 bytes ATM
cells and ready to transfert faster than the 1400 bytes packets.

What is the behaviour of your test with different packet size for the 2nd
packet (say 44,580, 1420)

What is you Ethernet/ATM bridge hardware?

Adel Mezibra