[c-nsp] Recommended sup720-3bxl setup

Robert J. Adams (jason) radams at siscom.net
Sat Jul 24 16:56:32 EDT 2004

>  Maybe I'm missing something but what do you need a 3BXL for
> "basic L2 switching" ?

We went with the SUP720 for the larger backplane capacity and to use the
ws-x6748-ge's.  Wanted jumbo frames and the larger port buffers, IIRC
they only work with the sup720. We purchased the 3BXL for the same price
as a normal SUP720 so figured it wouldn't hurt. We're using a juniper
m20 for core routing, since we're all ethernet based, if the m20 pukes
we can always get bgp running on the 6500 ;)

-j
SISCOM