[c-nsp] Verifying BGP Propragation

chintan shah chintanshah.j at ddsl.net
Sun Jul 25 12:05:53 EDT 2004

Hi,

You need to go through BGP Attributes and selection algorithm. Actually BGP
always select one Best path and it might possible that due to BGP attributes
effects from internet path to your downstream through you not best than
otherservice provider.

And one more thing, ask your downstream that he might be prepanding AS
Number as time of advertising so that your link will become secondary even
though routes getting advertised through you and your upstream also.

Hope now , u will get the solutions.

Regards,
chintan shah.