[c-nsp] Verifying BGP Propragation

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 13:51:52 EDT 2004

so this is expected behaviour

the key point here is that to provide transit you need to maintain as good paths
as your competition which may include v large ISPs, in particular minimising how
much of your transit customer traffic goes to your transit suppliers will help

at this point you drop into a peering vs transit debate and a whole bunch of
associated economics which states even if you can buy transit for $10/mb you
have to spend $30/mb to maintain a network if you want to stay in the game

Steve