[c-nsp] Weird behaviour with continue statement in IOS

Niels Bakker niels=cisco-nsp at bakker.net
Thu Jul 29 07:11:46 EDT 2004

* gert at greenie.muc.de (Gert Doering) [Thu 29 Jul 2004, 10:18 CEST]:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 09:58:48AM +0200, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote:
>> ... or remove "neighbor ... soft-reconfiguration inbound" and reload..
>> With today's route-refresh capabilities in all recent BGP
>> implementations, this command is somewhat obsolete, isn't it?
> The nice thing about soft-in is that you have a "before / after" view
> on your local router.  So you can see whether some settings are the
> result of your filters, or have been announced that way from your
> peer (metric, prepends, non-existance of prefixes, ...).
>
> Can be quite convenient for debugging route-maps and filter-lists.

Exactly.  I see lack of memory as the only `good' reason to not have
soft-reconfiguration inbound configured on a peering session.  Seeing
what crap^H^H^H^Hprefixes somebody announced to you is very useful.
It scares me a bit that cisco broke this piece of code in a release that
I suppose gets used by a lot of NSPs close to the core of the Internet.

	-- Niels.