[nsp] Low Priced SNMP Manager?

Michael Markstaller mm at elabnet.de
Wed Jun 2 12:21:28 EDT 2004

try http://www.nagios.org/ if Linux is an option.
it's free but you need to have some deeper knowledge about snmp etc.
(which IMHO is true for any solution)
I searched for some years a *reliable* solution with enough flexibility
to monitor all things, do alerting to different users/group with
email/sms/pager etc. and came to Nagios running very happy with it
(about 100 routers, 50 other devices) using it in conjuction with mrtg
to do all graphing stuff it's really fine..

Michael