[nsp] Difference between PA-T3, PA-2T3, and PA-T3+

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Thu Jun 3 16:34:16 EDT 2004

At 03:34 PM 6/3/2004, you wrote:
>I know the obvious difference between PA-T3 and PA-2T3, but what's the
>difference between the T3 and the T3+?  I remember something about
>Kentrox proprietary signalling, but that's about it - can either work in
>a VXR and Non-VXR?  (I know the issue with the VXR and Non-VXR
>PA-Ax-T3/E3's)

The PA-T3+ and PA-2T3+ will support Kentrox signaling "dsu mode 1" with
subrate timing for fractional T3 service. This is NOT supported on non+
PAs. There may be more, but that's the only difference we have found
between the $400 2T3 card and the $8000 2T3+ card.

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Good will, like a good name, is got by many actions, and lost by one." -
Francis Jeffrey