[nsp] Performance of gsr engine-0 and -1 LC's with ACLs

Dave O'Shea daveoshea at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 6 22:46:46 EDT 2004

I ran into a problem with line card CPU going very
high when I hit about 120,000 packets/sec in either
direction on E0 linecards. Only E0 card I can generate
that traffic level on is 1xOC12....

Going to compiled (but still running in software)
ACL's did not make any measurable difference, still
bogged down when I hit 120k/95k PPS out/in. Compiled
ACL's also have a few caveats that are good to read.

On engine 1 linecards, I have not managed to hit a
traffic level that gave me any problems even with
traditional ACL's.

--- Steve Francis