[nsp] MPLS Manual LSP Creation

Eric Osborne eosborne at cisco.com
Wed Jun 9 12:10:08 EDT 2004

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:44:23 -0500, Khawaja, Kashif
<Kashif.Khawaja at broadwing.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Does cisco support creation of LSPs without using any sort of signalling
> or label distribution protocols (RSVP, LDP, etc.)?
> In other words, can I create an LSP by specifying what label to push,
> pop or swap at every LSR along the LSP? If so, can somebody point me to
> documentation or specify the commands that can be used for IOS =>
> 12.0.25S?

http://www/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1829/products_feature_guide09186a008010dd41.html

But I'm curious - why do you want to do this?  Static labels are nice in
the lab, but in production you have things like link flaps and other
outages to be concerned with.  Static labels are bad in the same way that
running a network built out of static routes is bad.

eric