[nsp] MPLS Manual LSP Creation

Kashif.Khawaja at broadwing.com Kashif.Khawaja at broadwing.com
Wed Jun 9 12:24:59 EDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: eosborne at cisco.com [mailto:eosborne at cisco.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 11:10 AM
To: Khawaja, Kashif; cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [nsp] MPLS Manual LSP Creation

http://www/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1829/products_feature_guide09186
a008010dd41.html

But I'm curious - why do you want to do this?  Static labels are nice in

the lab, but in production you have things like link flaps and other
outages to be concerned with.  Static labels are bad in the same way
that
running a network built out of static routes is bad.

>>> no argument there. This is one of the features we want to be able to
have at our disposal if needed.
>>> One more question, can I make the ingress LSR announce these static
LSPs into the IGP? I see that if I were to use the >>> traffic
engineering features with RSVP/etc. I could use the autoroute announce
command to accomplish that. How do I