[nsp] Colo design question

atticus at satanic.org atticus at satanic.org
Wed Jun 9 13:35:11 EDT 2004

> I'll have to run HSRP on the 7200s, but only to backup the default gateway
> for the 3550s. All other HSRP (for each customers' gateway) will be done on
> the 3550s.

..or let your IGP handle this, which you'll probably be doing anyways to
inject the customer networks the 3550's are acting as the edge for.

> And finally I'll be able to police at the edge... ;)

You may want to consider using the 3550's as a very coarse policer to
prevent customers from saturating the 7200's interfaces, then continue to
shape them on the 7200 where you can queue more intelligently.