[nsp] "ignore" on PA-FE-TX, 12.2(18)S4

Scott Madley madley at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 15 04:54:55 EDT 2004

Hello,

Ignores are incremented on a VIP-PA when there are insufficient particle
buffers in the global pool to replace the interface rx ring buffers.
Ignores are also incremented when a packet arrives on an interface and there
a no available MEMD buffers in an interface pool.

One solution is to configure all interfaces on your router for the same MTU,
as this creates one large MEMD pool for packet buffering vs the having the
MEMD buffer carving algorithm do it's thing slicing up the available
SRAM/SDRAM.  This however, is not always the most desirable solution. :)

Hit me off-list if you desire more elaboration.

Cheers!
-SM