[nsp] Setting router ospf passive-interface default

M.Palis security at cytanet.com.cy
Wed Jun 16 01:01:25 EDT 2004

Adjacency changes will occur. What we did, we creat a text file with the
command passive-interface default
and also the interfaces that we dont want to go to the passive state as
below

passive-interface default
no passive-interface <interface>

Copy paste the configuration to running OSPF process. We lose the neighbour
for a few seconds because adjacencies where dropped and the re-established.
Before we did the above we made sure that we can telnet to the router from
the point-to-point interfaces in the case we made a mistake on the OSPF
configuration.