[nsp] BGP Entries - Comparison

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Jun 16 10:44:21 EDT 2004

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 10:33:13AM -0400, Paul Stewart wrote:
> Is anyone cutting tables off at /24 and what has your experience been?

We do that, and are not missing anything obvious.

> I thought for some reason that you were not even allowed to advertise any
> subnets smaller than /24's via BGP anyways or am I dreaming? :)

The net.police isn't very active these days.  People advertise arbitrary
specific stuff, de-aggregate their nice an shiny /19 into 32 /24s for
"traffic balancing" reason (buy cheap upstream, let everyone else pay
for your routes), and so on...

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de