[nsp] ATMoMPLS question

Tantsura, Jeff jeff.tantsura at capgemini.com
Sun Jun 20 10:20:50 EDT 2004

Hi,

UTI has been replaced by L2TPv3.

UTI is a Cisco proprietary protocol that offers a simple high-speed
transparent Layer 2-to-Layer 2 service over an IP backbone. The UTI
protocol lacks the signalling capability and standards support necessary
for large-scale commercial service. To begin to answer the need for a
standard way to provide large-scale VPN connectivity over an IP core
network, limited migration from UTI to L2TPv3 was introduced in CiscoIOS
Release12.0(21)S. The L2TPv3 feature in CiscoIOSRelease 12.0(23)S
introduced a more robust version of L2TPv3 to replace UTI.

Jeff