[nsp] Re: Lotus replication ??mtu problem

khiz khiznms at rediffmail.com
Mon Jun 21 14:02:42 EDT 2004

   Hi guys
i m facing a  very weird issue with lotus domino replication.

i hvsite A (CE1)----- PE---- mpls cloud---- PE2-----(CE2)site B
the strange thing is that the clients on lan B are able to connect to the notes server at  Central Site A while the server at site A is NOT able to replicate with the server at Site B. The Notes server on either end are on Ethernet .

I have checked any issues with access lists, but none of them deny port 1352 needed for the replication

Googling my way, i found that Lotus Domino is likey to  have MTU issues. The relevant solution is to change the MTU size on the server , which unfortunately is not an option in my case

can i do something on the CE and or PE router to solve the MTU issue, something like clearing the DF flag or changing the MSS size for tcp

THE mtu  size on all the links between CE and PE is a standard 1500 for the HDLC encapsulations, The ethernet carries the same MTU size as well.

At the same time, while telnetting to the probelm site (CE1) ,whenever i issue a command sh int ser 0 , the output seems to get stuck in between , and then after about 3 minutes the remainder of the output appears. i was telnetting from a Windows 2000 box.

This has further led me to strongly believe abt an mtu isse somewhere unless u guys have other better  conclusions.

utterly stumped,
Knms

P.S sorry for the repeat Post!!!!