[nsp] PPS Interface Counters

Lawrence Wong lawrencewong72 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 10:28:10 EDT 2004

I just tried it out on MRTG and it's plotting the pps
just fine. ^_^

Just another query on pps. How does this counter or
pps in general work with respect to distributed
platforms like the C7500 series with distributed CEF
enabled? I understand that each VIP has it's own
onboard processor that takes care of
forwarding/routing. So what happens if traffic enters
says 1/0/0 and leaves via 1/1/0 (same VIP card) or
enters 1/0/0 and leaves via 2/0/0 (different VIP
card)?

And each VIP also has it's own pps rate so is the max
rate totalled up across all VIP or each has it's own
upper limit?

TIA!