[nsp] RFC 3069

Danny McPherson danny at tcb.net
Tue Jun 22 10:53:58 EDT 2004

On Jun 22, 2004, at 1:18 AM, Tantsura, Jeff wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Does Cisco has any switches that supports RFC 3069,
>
> We need to redesign our data center and would like need that feature, I
> see that Extreme switches has that feature but I am looking mostly
> Cisco.
>
> Cisco has a private-vlan concept but not sure about that,

Private VLANs are essentially an extension/augmentation of the
RFC 3069 stuff we did.  There's actually a draft out defining
the extensions, though I'm not sure it's been polished for a
while, and Cisco's documentation is likely more useful.  Here's
a pointer to the current version of the draft:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sanjib-private-vlan-02.txt

I do know of several long-term deployments of this..

-danny