[nsp] Cisco 1750 fan operation?

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.com
Thu Jun 24 13:30:10 EDT 2004

While doing a little surgery to upgrade memory on my Cisco 1750, I
noticed that it has a little 5VDC 1.5" fan in the top cover.  But the
fan doesn't spin when I power up the box,  Also, my VOM couldn't see
any voltage on the fan's motherboard connector.  Is this normal for the
unit, i.e. does it only activate the fan when needed, or is something
wrong?

I couldn't find any software commands ("show env" isn't supported,
and "show hard" doesn't offer any fan info) that revealed the state
of the fan or the temperature.

Thanks,

	-- Ed