[nsp] Cisco Stable IOS Releases

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Mar 1 17:52:33 EST 2004

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 05:46:19PM -0500, Jared Mauch wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 04:10:13PM -0500, Don Lundquist wrote:
> > > I know many of you have already been through this on several occasions, so please excuse me for asking it again...
> > >
> > > What is the latest most stable releases of IOS for the Cisco 12012GRP and 7206VXRw/NPE-G1 running OSPF and BGP...
> >
> > NPE-G1 is a bit icky, as you have to choose between 12.1E and 12.2S.
>
> 	I heard a rumor that Cisco is backporting the NPE-G1 feature
> into 12.0S
>
> 	You might want to ask around your local cisco reps about that..

Thanks for the hint.  Actually we won't downgrade them - they *do* work
for us, and we like the IPv6 support (which 12.0S doesn't have on 7200s,
due to some weird behind-the-scenes decision makings...)

> 	As usual, take a rumor like this with a grain of salt :)
>
> 	If you're going to do IPv6, I do recommend one watch out for
> CSCed20042

Already on my watch list...  I'm not so sure how easily this can happen in
"natural" networks (without v6-over-v6 tunneling or bad intent), though.

The "IPv6 TTL not decremented if CEF+tunnels encountered" bug annoys me
much more...

gert,
   waiting for 12.2(18)S4
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/