[nsp] Prior approval to purchase?

Sean Mathias seanm at prosolve.com
Mon Mar 1 18:33:18 EST 2004

I have seen this in the past from both Sun and Cisco with their higher-end equipment.  Essentially they want assurances that the equipment will be installed and maintained by a qualified person or VAR, in addition to requiring a support agreement on the equipment.

Sean

Does anyone know why this item: OSM-2OC48/1DPT-SS would require prior
approval to purchase? While I am waiting for that approval, does anyone
have a better suggestion for this? I suppose for the same money I could
get a Cisco 12000 with two OC-48s and 5 GigEs from Ebay, but maybe tehre
is a better suggestion?

Thanks,

Deepak