[nsp] Cisco 7600 and uRPF

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Wed Mar 3 11:24:09 EST 2004

Sup720 actually can do two load-sharing RPF interfaces per prefix in hardware by default with normal IOS configuration, the interface group construct is necessary if you have 3+ RPF interfaces for any prefixes and you want h/w uRPF check.

Also, as mentioned in another post, sup2 has the shortcoming that enabling uRPF check halves the available FIB TCAM size, which is not true of sup720.

Tim

At 08:02 AM 3/3/2004, cisco-nsp-request at puck.nether.net contended:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759