[nsp] sup720-3bxl experiences?

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Fri Mar 5 12:23:29 EST 2004

On Mar 5, 2004, at 12:07 PM, Saku Ytti wrote:

> On (2004-03-05 17:22 +0100), sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:
>
>> Note that this only applies to your basic "switch" type cards. As soon
>> as you want POS or similar (OSMs), you're in the same price range as
>> GSR.
>> Also note that the "switch" type cards may not have enough buffering
>> if
>> you want to use them for WAN traffic.

Curious, but I don't understand this statement.  I've generally found
that switch interfaces can push way more than router interfaces.  Are
we speaking of specific situations where your case would be true?  When
you say "switch" type cards,  you're talking about multi-port GBIC or
multi-port FastE cards, right?