[nsp] Cisco 2500 Traffic Limit and high cpu utilization.

Streiner, Justin streiner at stargate.net
Mon Mar 8 09:01:19 EST 2004

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Mehmet Ali Suzen wrote:

> Thanks for the tips, indeed. I have already tried NetFlow before,
> but when I enable cef, router begins to malfunction. I don't
> know what is wrong? Are there any conflict with the other
> switching mechanisms or service?

The stability of CEF depends greatly on the version of IOS you're running
on your router.  Many versions of code, such as some 12.0 or 12.0T
releases had some nasty CEF bugs.  The later 12.1 IP releases seem to be
pretty stable, at least they have been for me.  Your experience may differ
depending on what protocols, services, etc. you run on the router.

jms