[nsp] RAM for two unique views?

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Tue Mar 9 11:12:51 EST 2004

List,

If (and this is all hypothetical, just in case the PHB comes up with the
  idea) I were to put a full BGP view in the default IPv4 routing table
AND a full BGP view in a VRF routing table, what's the minimum likely
RAM that would be safe?  In other words, are there any economies of
duplication that would aid the memory usage, or am I looking at
384-512MB of memory (i.e. NPE-400, NPE-G1, RSP16) needed to accomplish this?

(For the curious, I'm looking at options for two unique routing tables,
one with good & fast but expensive bandwidth, the other with cheap YMMV
bandwidth.  The idea is to be able to reprovision the customer(s)
between the two blends without rehoming them into a different
aggregation router, and/or having to procure a separate agg router, etc.
  I'm not thrilled about the concept, but I figure I'd better have my
ducks in a row before I get caught off-guard.)

pt