[nsp] 6509/sup720-3bxl capabilities

Sven Huster sven at huster.me.uk
Wed Mar 10 10:46:41 EST 2004

Hello

We are looking into investing in some 6509 with
SUP720-3BXL together with some 6748 linecards
equipped with DFC.

What I try to find out is whether it'll satisfy
our requirements.

It needs to run BGP with 2-4 full views as well
as 30-80 parital views, uRPF, ACL, PBR, OSPF, CAR.
Also it'll run quite a few VLANs, possibly with
VACLs on them.

I'll try to find out what's supported of these
list of things, especially about what it can do
in hardware. I wonder what of the discussions
uRPF on SUP2 and SUP720 applies to the 3BXL.

Another interesting thing would be which IOS
would be recommended.
The last question is then how to secure the
device, so control and manangment plane.

Thanks
Sven