[nsp] MPLS

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Fri Mar 12 06:37:16 EST 2004

To clarify Ryan's statement, there are three "MPLS and VPN
Architectures" books from Cisco Press.  There's a volume 1, a rewrite of
volume 1 known as the CCIP edition (which Ryan linked to), and a volume
2.  The CCIP edition is a very good place to start.  Volume 2 is
extremely dependent on V1.

However, I also read Advanced MPLS Design and Implementation (and read
it first - oops).  I wouldn't start with this one, as the pace is fast
and the assumptions are high (strong ATM exposure and experience is
fundamental to half of the book), but I'd still plan to read it at some
point along the way.

Pete (who's bought too many Cisco Press titles in the past three months
in pursuit of certification, but did successfully conquer the CCIP
pretty darn quick).