[nsp] multicast and rbe interfaces

Charles Sprickman spork at inch.com
Tue Mar 16 03:49:25 EST 2004

Hi,

I've got a situation where I need to enable multicast between a number of
atm subinterfaces.  All of these are dsl connections, each terminating on
their own pvc.  RBE is used for the bridging.  The application is live
video streaming (via Windows Media, blech) from one classroom to about 10
others.

I'm not even sure where to start here; will the ADSL modems actually
bridge the multicast address range across the DSL connection?  I'm
assuming so, but I'm not really sure.  From there, I just need to figure
out what each atm subinterface needs to pass this traffic.

I don't need to speak multicast anywhere outside of this one group of
circuits...  Any pointers?  I've never even fiddled with mcast before.

Thanks,

Charles

--
Charles Sprickman