[nsp] PIX 506e Question

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Mar 17 06:57:56 EST 2004

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 10:14:13AM -0000, Chris Roberts wrote:
> Gert Doering wrote:
> > For platforms that can run 12.3, 12.3(6) "seems" to be fine for access
> > with IPv6.  We run it on our DSL aggregation 7200s, and it seems to be
> > seriously well-behaving :-)
>
> Interesting. What services are you running it with, PPPoA or PPPoE? We run
> PPPoA, so I'd be interested to hear whether that's had any problems.

L2TP, actually.  The CPE does PPPoE, which the Telco equipment converts
to L2TP.

Our ATM experience with 12.3(6) only covers static PVCs with routed 1483,
and no IPv6 on that yet (due to problems with the respective CPEs).

> Do you run CBWFQ on your DSL? We currently have a problem whereby with our
> 12.2(15) release we can't apply outbound service-policies to
> Virtual-Interfaces on our terminators. I'd be interested in whether 12.3(6)
> fixes this problem. It would give me a rock solid reason to go out and
> upgrade it (and hence be able to deploy IPv6 to a few DSLs ;-)) if it did
> :-)

Didn't try that.  On the other hand, chances are good - 12.3 is based off
12.2T, which has LOTs of access improvements...

(I take the liberty of taking cisco-nsp back into the CC: list - there
are very competent Cisco people out there that might know the answer
off-hand)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de