[nsp] 65xx QoS Policer ACL Mapping

Don Lundquist don.lundquist at peak-10.com
Wed Mar 17 13:42:58 EST 2004

Could some assist with the proper links at cisco or possibly some sample configs for setting up VLAN-Based QoS Policer's on 6500 systems.

I have created the below configs for testing however the acl's will not map to trunk ports... I know I am just overlooking a small detail, whether you can even map QoS ACL's to trunk ports or I am just missing something?

Regards,
Don

#qos
set qos policer aggregate test_in rate 2000 burst 500 drop
set qos policer aggregate test_out rate 2000 burst 500 drop
clear qos acl all
#vlan_200
set qos acl ip vlan_200 trust-dscp aggregate test_in ip any any
set qos acl ip vlan_200 trust-dscp aggregate test_out ip any any
#
commit qos acl all
#
set qos acl map vlan_200 200

#module 4 : 8-port 1000BaseX Ethernet
clear trunk 4/2  2-199,202-1001
set trunk 4/2  nonegotiate dot1q 1,200-201,1002-1005
set port qos 4/1-3 vlan-based

switch-1> (enable) sho port qos 4
QoS is enabled for the switch.
QoS policy source for the switch set to local.

Port  Interface Type Interface Type Policy Source Policy Source
      config         runtime        config        runtime
----- -------------- -------------- ------------- -------------
 4/1      vlan-based     vlan-based          COPS         local
 4/2      vlan-based     vlan-based          COPS         local
 4/3      vlan-based     vlan-based          COPS         local
 4/4      port-based     port-based          COPS         local
 4/5      port-based     port-based          COPS         local
 4/6      port-based     port-based          COPS         local
 4/7      port-based     port-based          COPS         local
 4/8      port-based     port-based          COPS         local

Port  TxPort Type  RxPort Type  Trust Type   Trust Type    Def CoS Def CoS
                                config       runtime       config  runtime
----- ------------ ------------ ------------ ------------- ------- -------
 4/1        1p2q2t       1p1q4t    untrusted    untrusted        0       0
 4/2        1p2q2t       1p1q4t    untrusted    untrusted        0       0
 4/3        1p2q2t       1p1q4t    untrusted    untrusted        0       0
 4/4        1p2q2t       1p1q4t    untrusted    untrusted        0       0
 4/5        1p2q2t       1p1q4t    untrusted    untrusted        0       0
 4/6        1p2q2t       1p1q4t    untrusted    untrusted        0       0
 4/7        1p2q2t       1p1q4t    untrusted    untrusted        0       0
 4/8        1p2q2t       1p1q4t    untrusted    untrusted        0       0

(*)Runtime trust type set to untrusted.

Config:
Port  ACL name                         Type
----- -------------------------------- ----
No ACL is mapped to port 4/1.
No ACL is mapped to port 4/2.
No ACL is mapped to port 4/3.
No ACL is mapped to port 4/4.
No ACL is mapped to port 4/5.
No ACL is mapped to port 4/6.
No ACL is mapped to port 4/7.
No ACL is mapped to port 4/8.

Runtime:
Port  ACL name                         Type
No ACL is mapped to port 4/1.
No ACL is mapped to port 4/2.
No ACL is mapped to port 4/3.
No ACL is mapped to port 4/4.