[nsp] VLAN database propagation

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Thu Mar 18 18:57:21 EST 2004

> How many people on the list have had someone plug in an old / test switch that
> has a higher VLAN version number than their production switches and lost all
> of their VLANs because of this?

I like the 10 minutes of shock where people come running at you telling you that
nothing is working, you initially thinks its the usual 'why isnt my internet
working' crowd then you realise something is wrong... then you realise
everything is wrong... then you try desparately to figure out what happened coz
you know you didnt change anything coz you were in the comms room plugging in a
new box :)

Steve