[nsp] CISCO-GENERAL-TRAPS

Bruce Pinsky bep at whack.org
Sat Mar 20 15:49:32 EST 2004

Beprojects.com wrote:

| Does anybody have a copy of the CISCO-GENERAL-TRAPS mib that they can
| forward to me?  I can't seem to find it in Cisco's new messed up mib finder
| (not to mention that fact that they have about a zillion broken links such
| as ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v1/CISCO-GENERAL-TRAPS.my).

Works for me...

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v1/CISCO-GENERAL-TRAPS.my

~    CISCOTRAP-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

~          IMPORTS
~              sysUpTime, ifIndex, ifDescr, ifType, egpNeighAddr,
~              tcpConnState
~                   FROM RFC1213-MIB
~              cisco
~                   FROM CISCO-SMI
~              whyReload, authAddr
~                   FROM OLD-CISCO-SYSTEM-MIB
~              locIfReason
~                   FROM OLD-CISCO-INTERFACES-MIB
~              tslineSesType, tsLineUser
~                   FROM OLD-CISCO-TS-MIB
~              loctcpConnElapsed, loctcpConnInBytes, loctcpConnOutBytes
~                   FROM OLD-CISCO-TCP-MIB
~              TRAP-TYPE
~                   FROM RFC-1215;

~          -- The standard traps

~          coldStart TRAP-TYPE
~              ENTERPRISE  snmp
~              VARIABLES   { sysUpTime, whyReload }
~              DESCRIPTION
~                          "A coldStart trap signifies that the sending
~                          protocol entity is reinitializing itself such
~                          that the agent's configuration or the protocol
~                          entity implementation may be altered."
~              ::= 0

~          linkDown TRAP-TYPE
~              ENTERPRISE  snmp
~              VARIABLES   { ifIndex, ifDescr, ifType, locIfReason }
~              DESCRIPTION
~                          "A linkDown trap signifies that the sending
~                          protocol entity recognizes a failure in one of
~                          the communication links represented in the
~                          agent's configuration."
~              ::= 2

~          linkUp TRAP-TYPE
~              ENTERPRISE  snmp
~              VARIABLES   { ifIndex, ifDescr, ifType, locIfReason }
~              DESCRIPTION
~                          "A linkUp trap signifies that the sending
~                          protocol entity recognizes that one of the
~                          communication links represented in the agent's
~                          configuration has come up."
~              ::= 3

~          authenticationFailure TRAP-TYPE
~              ENTERPRISE  snmp
~              VARIABLES   { authAddr }
~              DESCRIPTION
~                          "An authenticationFailure trap signifies that
~                          the sending protocol entity is the addressee
~                          of a protocol message that is not properly
~                          authenticated.  While implementations of the
~                          SNMP must be capable of generating this trap,
~                          they must also be capable of suppressing the
~                          emission of such traps via an implementation-
~                          specific mechanism."
~              ::= 4

~          egpNeighborLoss TRAP-TYPE
~              ENTERPRISE  snmp
~              VARIABLES   { egpNeighAddr }
~              DESCRIPTION
~                          "An egpNeighborLoss trap signifies that an EGP
~                          neighbor for whom the sending protocol entity
~                          was an EGP peer has been marked down and the
~                          peer relationship no longer obtains."
~              ::= 5

~    -- Cisco Private Enterprise Traps

~          reload TRAP-TYPE
~              ENTERPRISE  cisco
~              VARIABLES   { sysUpTime, whyReload }
~              DESCRIPTION
~                          "A reload trap signifies that the sending
~                          protocol entity is reinitializing itself such
~                          that the agent's configuration or the protocol
~                          entity implementation may be altered."
~              ::= 0

~          tcpConnectionClose TRAP-TYPE
~              ENTERPRISE  cisco
~              VARIABLES   { tslineSesType, tcpConnState,
~                            loctcpConnElapsed, loctcpConnInBytes,
~                            loctcpConnOutBytes, tsLineUser }
~              DESCRIPTION
~                          "A tty trap signifies that a TCP connection,
~                          previously established with the sending
~                          protocol entity for the purposes of a tty
~                          session, has been terminated."

~     END
- --
=========
bep