[nsp] Overflow circuit

Sun Mar 21 04:57:49 EST 2004

I am looking for advice on technique or products that can solve the
following challenge ...

Two private line T1's between A and B - one terrestial T1 with >200 ms RTT,
the other T1 is over satellite with ~500 ms RTT. The circuits are being used
for mixed VoIP (70%) and data (30%) applications. To achieve optimal voice
quality, the client wants to route all VoIP calls over the terrestial T1
until it is "full", then divert all subsequent VoIP calls over the satellite
T1 (** while existing VoIP calls continue to be routed over the terrestial
T1).

So it looks like I need per-flow (based on protocol, src IP, dst IP, src
port, dst port) routing. I have been told to take a look at MPLS Traffic
Engineering with RSVP, but that seems awefully complex.

Ideas or recommendations?

Regards,
Joe