[nsp] VLAN database propagation

Cristian BICA bcd at rdsnet.ro
Mon Mar 22 03:58:02 EST 2004

On Monday 22 March 2004 10:29, Vincent De Keyzer wrote:
> Ok,
>
> now that you have really scared me... how do I get rid of VTP?
>
> I have 3 switches in 'master' mode. Would it be safe to change them
> to 'transparent'?

well ... it's safe ... but don't do that while the switches are in
production ...

CSCed44361 Bug Details
==
Affected versions:
12.0(5)WC2
12.0(5)WC2b
12.0(5)WC3
12.0(5)WC3a
12.0(5)WC3b
12.0(5)WC4
12.0(5)WC4a
12.0(5)WC5
12.0(5)WC5a
12.0(5)WC6
12.0(5)WC7
12.0(5)WC8
12.0(5)WC9

[Symptom]
Changing to VTP transparent causes stop to send the packets.

[Workaround/Solution]
Changing vtp mode to server again and "shut down/ no shutdown"
on interface FE0/1:C3512XL-C.It need to be changed the STP topology.

[Impact]
All the software features running on the switch may stop to send the
packets. They do not change the vtp mode.