[nsp] 1721---2nd post

Mike Carter mike.c at altatechnologies.com
Tue Mar 23 08:58:16 EST 2004

What exact problem do You have? The VPN module won't fit into the slot,
or is not recognized? What IOS are You using? If the module is physically
installed, can You show us `show version' and `show diag'?

The "exact" problem is the absense of the interface in which to plug the
MOD1700-VPN.  The 1721's we just opened are missing the  internal vpn
expansion slot.  My question is...is this a manufacturing flaw or do the
actually make 1721's without the standard vpn expansion slot on the system
board??  I have never seen them missing from the 1721's....quite curious to
see if these are bogus 1721's or if Cisco has had some manufacturing
issues???

Any assistance appreciated!!