[nsp] telnet to PIX firewall ..

MGG hiruy at comcast.net
Tue Mar 23 18:00:14 EST 2004

Dear All,

We have multi-layered security zones in our network and these zones are
delimited using multiple PIX firewalls.  The mgmt. devices reside somewhere
in the middle and on the most secure side of the network, we have two PIX
firewalls running v5.3 and they can only support telnet and only accessible
using outside interface. I have updated the configuration with:

telnet  "$mgmt.IP" 255.255.255.255 outside

and I have not been able to telnet into those boxes. However, SNMP to the
outside interface works fine, only telnet doesn't seem to work.  Is this not
supported configuration or did I miss a step?  There is a plan to upgrade
them in future (with ssh support in mind) in the mean I need a fix...

Thanks for your input in advance,

Regards,
MGG.