[nsp] IP Ranges 83.0.0.0/8 and 84.0.0.0/8

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Wed Mar 31 03:58:14 EST 2004

Hi Rob,
 try googling for some common terms that might throw up filters.. there are a
huge number of sites displaying old bogon data.

I have to say I'm getting a bit skeptical about any kind of bogon filtering
against blocks that will be assigned one day (eg not rfc1918, reserved etc)
thats not automated eg a bgp feed from a quality source. This seems to be an
increasingly large problem as people adopt filtering..

Perhaps the strategy of pushing the idea of filtering to admins needs to be
tweaked slightly to avoid suggesting any static configurations..

Steve