[nsp] GSR problem with ping ?? crashed at 27mbit/s

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Wed Mar 31 16:08:11 EST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:

: > You can see the same thing on a *nix machine.  Do "top" from the command
: > line, then type "s" (seconds between updates) and then type 0 (for zero
: > seconds between updates).  Your box will crash soon, so watch the load
: > average closely.
:
: Funny, my FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE box seems to handle this just fine. I get
: 1 second between updates, no crash.

Maybe it was OS specific.  I set the interval between updates to zero and
watch the load average climb.  I see you said 1 second.  You put in zero
and it didn't let you do that?  Good code then.

: Now back to routers :-)

Ok, for sure, though, I know the routers don't like zero second intervals.
At least up to 1 year ago. Been there, done that... ;-)  I've been on a
Foundry network this past year, so I don't know about the current IOS.

scott