[nsp] acl: how to suppress keyword for service in acl?

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.com
Thu May 6 17:47:33 EDT 2004

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 10:51:20AM +0200, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote:
> > Is there an official place on the CCO site to get the cisco
> > /etc/service alike file which is used for the keyword names? So I can
> > get it per http and link it with my application each time a new
> > version appeares.
>
> I don't know of any such file, the port names are not stored in a
> central location (unlike /etc/services). The easiest way to get a list
> of all supported keywords names is the "?" within the parser, something
> which could be automated using an expect script.

How about this way:

   access-list extended test-me
     permit ip any any eq 1
     permit ip any any eq 2
     permit ip any any eq 3
     permit ip any any eq 4
     [...]
     permit ip any any eq 65534
     permit ip any any eq 65535

Save it to the router and then download it back :-).  Might have to do it
in smaller blocks, I have no idea if IOS will let you make an access list
that big.

When I wrote aclmaker, I gave the job of syntax checking the ACLs to the
router - it uploads the ACL to the router with a name like "foo-test", so it
won't affect any existing ACLs, then deletes it afterwards. If the
router complained about syntax errors, then aclmaker rejects the ACL as
invalid.  See the COSI-NMS site on Sourceforge for more info on aclmaker.