[nsp] multicast questions

Charles Sprickman spork at inch.com
Fri May 7 18:17:42 EDT 2004

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Siva Valliappan wrote:

> Hi Charles,
>
>    i believe multicast is supported over RBE.  (been too long out of the
> DSL space)
>
> http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/so/neso/dsso/global/madsl_wp.htm

Hmmm.  That certainly sounds like it's not only supported, but is the
preferred method.

Anyone have good pointers to Windows + Multicast?  I understand the basics
here, but I'm completely lost on the windows side.

It certainly looks like there's not much more on the Cisco than putting
"ip pim sparse-dense-mode" on each interface.  I don't *think* I need an
RP, but that doesn't look too tough to setup either.

Thanks,

Charles