[nsp] etherchannel and MPLS?

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Mon May 10 11:25:47 EDT 2004

I was getting ready to start testing etherchannel but just noticed this
warning:

#
When a 7500 series router is configured for MPLS and FEC, the support for
routing (MPLS -> IP) packets flowing from MPLS interface to the FEC
interface is currently unavailable. Therefore, it is not recommended to
have MPLS and FEC configuration co-existing on a single router.
#

The FECs I want to build are actually vlan trunk ports on 7200's and
7500's and some of the vlan subinterfaces are MPLS VPN (ip vrf forwarding
blah) interfaces.

The above document is dated Sep 17, 2003.  Has this restriction changed?
If not, does this mean I can't proceed without moving all the VRF
interfaces to other routers (not doing FEC)?