[nsp] Cisco-like CLI interpreter

Gould, Aaron M (NRSW N61CR1W) Gould.Aaron at NI.CNRSW.navy.mil
Fri May 14 16:07:49 EDT 2004

Rubens, sorry, i don't have an answer to your question, but did want to
comment on the cisco-ios-like interface found on other products.  I didn't
really know how prevalent it was elsewhere but, I work for the Navy in san
diego and a few years ago they got about 10 Marconi ESR5000's.  The CLI on
that box was very simimlar to cisco-ios-cli.

aaron

Aaron Gould (CACI)
Network Engineer, PACSW/CNRSW/RITSC
619-545-2569
619-981-4900 cell
<><

-----Original Message-----
From: Rubens Kuhl Jr. [mailto:rubens at email.com]
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 11:54 AM
To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: [nsp] Cisco-like CLI interpreter

Hi.

After seeing many non-Cisco devices with Cisco-like CLI interfaces, I'm
assuming that it's not patented by Cisco.
Have anyone seen an open-source interpreter that presents a Cisco-like
interface, so one can make a home-made device looks more familiar to
operations personnel ?

Googled a bit with no results, and http://sourceforge.net/projects/cosi-nms/
doesn't seems to have anything in this direction.

Rubens